5 Big Advantages of Online Therapy During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has given online (virtual) therapy a new spotlight. Online therapy may seem like a modern alternative, however this option has been around for a long time. Online therapy has raised a lot of questions in the past. Many people considering online therapy question its effectiveness both psychologically and financially. This method of treatment may have its skeptics, however science has proved it to be just as effective as in-person therapy for most mental health conditions. Online therapy is effective and affordable, but there are many other benefits too. In this blog, we’re going to highlight the 5 big advantages of online therapy so that you can feel more confident in taking the next step if needed.
What is Online Therapy?
Online therapy is a simple, convenient and effective form of mental health treatment. This type of therapy allows you to text, call or video chat with a licensed therapist in an environment that works for you. Many clients choose remote therapy sessions because of their busy schedule. Others are simply more comfortable in their homes. Whether you are a busy mom squeezing a therapy session in during soccer practice or relaxing at home, online therapy can provide expert help in combating your unique circumstance. Life gets busy, but you shouldn’t let your mental health suffer. Online therapy breaks the barrier for many individuals and families, making mental health care more accessible than ever.
5 Big Advantages of Online Therapy
Online therapy is an amazing tool for anyone who wants to receive mental health services without the worry or stress of going to an office. Online therapy can help those suffering from anxiety, depression, chronic stress, family obstacles, grief, marital issues and more. Our clients love online therapy because it’s comforting and convenient. Some clients who suffer from anxiety find face-to-face sessions intimidating. Online therapy is a great tool to begin the counseling process in a way that is most comfortable for you. If you are suffering from a chronic illness or disability, it may not be possible to leave your home for an appointment. Others who travel for business choose this option because of their flexibility to travel. These are only a few examples of how remote counseling can make a significant impact in your life. If you are considering counseling, here are 5 big advantages to choosing online therapy:
- Easy access on your schedule: One of the biggest perks to online therapy is the accessibility. Anyone with a busy schedule or an inability to visit our office is a perfect fit for remote therapy sessions. Online therapy gives you the ability to schedule mental health sessions during a time and place that works for you.
- More consistent therapy: Attending online therapy sessions are quick and easy! Because you can conduct your session anywhere, you are less likely to miss the appointment.
- Increased progress: Because online therapy makes attending sessions so easy, this can result in more effective treatment. Online therapy gives you the option to talk as often as you need to, often enhancing the treatment experience.
- More comfortable: While some people prefer the traditional clinical setting, others are more comfortable in their home. Some clients prefer to go for a walk outside during their session or simply squeeze in a chat during their lunch break. Whatever the case may be, online therapy gives you the option to choose what’s comfortable for you.
- Online therapy can be as effective as office-based therapy: Online therapy can be as effective as in-person therapy. While some mental health conditions are better treated face-to-face, many of the problems people face today can be treated remotely.
Online Virtual Therapy In St. Petersburg and Tampa, Florida
We offer many counseling services at McNulty Counseling and Wellness. Some of the services we offer include:
To learn more about all the services we offer including online therapy, contact our office at 727-344-9867.